GOAT MILK COLOSTRUM – IMMUNE BOOSTING CAPSULES
Immune Support From Grass-Fed Goats
- Colostrum, the First Food produced by mammals everywhere, is nature’s “IMMUNE SYSTEM DELIVERY PROTOCOL”
- We collect this real colostrum from happy, healthy goats in the Pacific Northwest.
- Our pastured goats are grass-fed and receive an exclusively non-GMO diet, as well as NO HORMONES and NO ANTIBIOTICS
- Support your immune system with colostrum which has been shown to be rich in Immunoglobulins IgG and IgA, Polypeptides, Lactoferrin, and Cytokines
- Enhance recovery and support your GI tract
- Colostrum is a superfood that delivers the active immune system framework from one mammal to another. Colostrum, whether from people or other mammals contains, peptides, immunoglobulins such as IgG, IgA, and IgM, lactoferrin, cytokines, and over 20 different antibodies for immune support. Our Goat Milk Colostrum comes from grass-fed goats and is collected within 48 hours postpartum. We sell it in powder and capsules.
WHAT IS COLOSTRUM?
- Colostrum is the thick fluid which is produced as a precursor to mother’s milk. It is found in humans, goats, and other mammals where it is produced by the mother for two days following birth. Colostrum can be described as a brilliantly designed IMMUNE SYSTEM DELIVERY PROTOCOL, which effectively “jump starts” a newborn’s undeveloped immune system. CapraColostrum is unique because it’s from goat milk. This means it is from a source that is closer to human milk than the mass produced bovine (cow) colostrum.
- Colostrum supplies the body with immune factors and is easily tolerated by most. Colostrum has dozens of health related components, the primary being immune related. Colostrum is made up of various macro and micro constituents such as cytokines, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, etc. These components have various biological roles. For example:
- Cytokines: Cytokines are part of our systemic immune system. These proteins keep communication between immune cells active. “No communication = No immunity”
- Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM) Immunoglobulins are also known as antibodies. These small proteins are used by the immune system to seek out and destroy foreign antigens (invaders).
- Lactoferrin: Assists with iron absorption and has shown anti-microbial characteristics. It is also part of our immune system.
COLOSTRUM AND PROBIOTICS GO TOGETHER!
- Volumes of studies have been done on both probiotics and colostrum, but emerging research from the Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology has found a natural synergy or coalition between these two substances. These recent studies show that overall viability of certain probiotic strains as well as IgG immunoglobulins were strengthened to a greater degree when utilized as a pair than when utilized independently.
HOW SHOULD GOAT MILK COLOSTRUM BE TAKEN?
- For maximal effect, colostrum is best taken on an empty stomach. However many mix it in smoothies, yogurt or other foods and still enjoy its benefits.
- Loading dose: Take 2-4 capsules (1450-2900 mg.) twice daily, on empty stomach for 90 days.
- Maintenance: Take 2 capsules twice daily, on empty stomach.
- Athletes: To improve performance and endurance, take 30 – 45 minutes before workout.
- How far do I have to take this away from food to be on an empty stomach? 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after a meal.
WHAT ABOUT THE BABY GOATS? AREN’T YOU TAKING THE COLOSTRUM THEY NEED?
- We love that you care about the goats at our farm. We do too. In fact, we are totally aware that baby goats (kids) must utilize the postpartum colostrum from their mother to ‘jump start’ their own newly formed immune system. That’s why we give them full access to their mothers entire supply of colostrum. Mt Capra only harvests the “surplus” colostrum.
HOW MANY SERVINGS ARE IN EACH CONTAINER OF CAPSULES / POWDER?
- 120 capsules = 1 month supply at 4 capsules/day
- 50g powder = 17 servings at 2 scoops/day
- 174g powder = 60 servings at 2 scoops/day
- Whether you take 4 capsules or 2 scoops of the powder, you will be getting 2900 mg colostrum. Neither one is more potent or more effective than the other, it is just a matter of convenience in taking whichever you prefer (capsules or powder).
CAN I MIX THE COLOSTRUM INTO A HOT DRINK OR FOOD?
- No, we don’t recommend this. At hotter temperatures the immunoglobulins start to denature and won’t make the colostrum as effective.
DOES THIS COLOSTRUM NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
- No. Our Goat Milk Colostrum is shelf-stable and does not need to be refrigerated. Just keep the lid tightly on between uses and store in a dry place. It will remain good even after opening through the best by date on the bottom of the bottle.