Eat Your Primordial Soup
Algaes are the first known organisms on the planet with a genealogy stretching back to approximately 2-2.5 billion years ago. Records of humans consuming algaes, however, is limited to only the past 2000-4000 years. Consumable algaes often grow with others that can be toxic for humans and other animals. This is especially true of the now popular algae, Chlorella. Dutch microbiologist, Dr. Beijerinch and German scientist Dr. Linder first discovered Chlorella in 1890 while looking for solutions to the world's growing hunger and malnutrition crisis. World War II and the Cold War would pause this research until the 1960s when it quickly became recognized for its nutritional density. Today, Chlorella is grown in tanks where the environment can be maintained to control a clean environment.
Chlorella Algae Nutrients
- Rich in minerals over other nutrients, especially iron, copper, and magnesium
- Contains all known vitamins A-E and K, but is particularly rich in the B-Complex
- Rich in amino acid lutein; contains all other essential and non-essential amino acids
- One of the original plant sources for essential Omega-3s, DHA and EPA.
The Cardiovascular System
- Naturally rich in chlorophyll and other nutrients needed to promote new blood production
- Supports healthy blood oxygen levels and overall blood flow throughout the body
- Nourishes and promotes strength and tone of cardiovascular tissues and other organs
- Promotes balanced blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Nutrients and antioxidants support healthy inflammation and immune response overall
The Nervous System
- B-Complex and other nutrients help to support cellular energy production
- Supports overall cognitive function
- The amino acid lutein and the antioxidants astaxanthin and zeaxanthin assist to maintain healthy eyes
Incorporating Chlorella Algae Every Day
When adding Chlorella to your life, make sure to look for cracked-cell options; the fiber is difficult to digest and must be pulverized for us to gain the most benefit. Luckily, there are plenty of cracked-cell options out there which can easily be added as powder to smoothies and juices or tablets that can simply be chewed up or swallowed. Down the hatch!